I'm Jonathan Clark, a skin consultant with more than 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry and the author of this website. For the past 5 years, I have been specializing in acne treatments, scanning through the myriad of different acne causes and treatments as well as analyzing much more than 100 products. Acne is most prevalent common skin disorder in the first world while the numbers are still rising – approximately 80% of people aged between 11 and 30 are suffer from it at some point in their lives. I have created this website to share the knowledge I gathered in order to help people from all around the world to achieve a clear skin and to keep it forever.
About this Website
Foremost, this website has the purpose to provide education and share my knowledge and experience about the potential causes, prevention and treatments of acne. My deepest belief as well as the motivation for this website is that with the right information and knowledge everyone will be able to fight acne according to their individual circumstances. Every human is different – we differ in age, gender, skin type, sensitivity, allergic predisposition, life styles and many more – likewise everyone will react different to acne treatments. On this website, throughout the many articles, I collect my knowledge and experience and present it in an evidence-based way, so that everyone will be able to find the causes and potential treatments for their acne. Additionally, I will continuously investigate new acne treatments to evaluate which ones are the best depending on your skin type and which ones appear to be scams you should never apply to your sensitive skin!
- Provide Education all around the causes, prevention and treatment of Acne to empower people to investigate the true cause of their acne and provide them with sustainable solution.
- Evaluate Best Acne Treatments according to different skin types. There is no single one best treatment for your acne but the treatment will depend on your skin type and other factors like affected area, cause etc.
- Inform about scams and no goes in acne treatment. Unfortunately, there is a myriad of different advices and products in the internet and often it is not in their main interest to cure your acne but to make money. I will do my best to help cleaning up that mess and only provide you with evidence based information.
- Provide Information in One Place the websites follows a holistic approach and you will be able to find everything you need in the articles: Acne types, Causes, Treatments, Prevention, Products, Natural Remedies and many more. Just use our search console and you will find what you search for!
General Guiding Principles
I attempt to share all the knowledge I gained during the course of my professional experience, but there are also a few general rules or guiding principles that you should always have in mind reading this or any other acne-related website. Always pay attention and think twice about what you read and where you read it, it will enable you to learn and to be successful
- Cleanse your skin regularly! It makes no difference to your skin whether it is a Monday, Friday or any other day of the week. You have to take care of your skin every day. Even on Christmas Day. That is one of the most important rules.
- It is a marathon, not a sprint! I know, that having acne is pretty annoying, but it is a serious skin disorder that won't go away after the first day of any treatment. The key to success is continuity and time to achieve a clear skin.
- Treatments that have worked for others, do not necessarily have to work for you! Each skin and acne type is different. To choose the ideal treatment, you should absorb as much information as possible. Read all the articles, try to understand your skin and the acne type you are suffering from. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us!
- Be gentle – scrubbing and rubbing is most likely not a very good idea if you have problems with acne. If anyone tells you to do so, do not listen and as most likely the one who tells you does not care about your skin but something else. Always treat your skin with care.
- Be precise, more is mostly worse – certain ingredients like salicylic acid or benzyol peroxide are strong and should only be used in low concentration and after instructions of your dermatologist. If it stings, itches or bites stop using it and seek advice. Someone telling you to use more of a product if it did not work clearly reveals his incompetence.
- Be aware of your allergies – and always check products for those ingredients.
- Know your skin type – your skin type – dry, oily or combination – will define which products suit to you and which ones do not. Here is an article with which you can find out to which skin type you belong.
- Educate yourself – always aim to improve your knowledge. Every article you read, every fact your grasp will take you closer to understanding the cause of your acne and finally defeating it.
- If in doubt always consult a doctor or dermatologist – before using any potentially harmful medications, products, treatments or experiencing side effects or severe outbreaks always consult a doctor or dermatologist.
Certain products and links to products on www.SkinHelpers.com are affiliate links, and we will earn a commission for all purchases you make through these links. This will not mean that any additional costs occur to you and the price of the products remains the same.
I only recommend products, that I truly believe in and the size of the commission does not play any role in choosing products I review.
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us.
The statements and information on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are for entertainment purposes only. Any information provided on this site is also not a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical practitioner, nor is any information included intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Individuals are advised not to self-medicate in the presence of significant illness. Ingredients in supplements are not drugs. Always consult with a health care professional before taking any dietary supplement.
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us.