- 1 How Dermalogica Works
- 2 Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel Ingredients List
- 3 Directions on how to use Dermalogica
- 4 Results of Dermalogica
- 5 Pros and Cons of Dermalogica Gel
- 6 Dermalogica Cleansing Gel Reviews
- 7 Where to buy Dermalogica Cleansing Gel
- 8 Alternatives to the Dermalogica Special Cleansing
- 9 Questions you need to ask yourself before buying this product
- 10 Final opinion about the product
How Dermalogica Works
Dermalogica special cleansing gel is a soap free, foam forming cleanser which has a refreshing lather. It removes impurities from the skin while leaving the moisture balance of the skin as intact as ever.
The gel contains Calming Balm Mint as well as Lavender extracts to soothe your skin. The natural Quillaja Saponaria foams gently on the skin to carry away toxins, leaving you with a super clean skin.
This amazing cleansing gel does not have any artificial fragrances or colors.
Does this product sound fancy already? Let us see what ingredients make it tick in the right places.
Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel Ingredients List
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate
- Sodium Trideceth Sulfate
- Hexylene Glycol
- Hydroxyethyl cellulose
- Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender Extract)
- Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract
- Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract
- Lavandula Angustifolia
- Citric Acid
- Sodium Chloride
Directions on how to use Dermalogica
- Lather a small amount of the Gel (pea size) in your moist hand. Gently swivel your hands to lather.
- Apply the gel to your already dampened face and throat.
- Rinse it off with warm water and apply the Multi Active Toner and the prescribed Moisturizer from Dermalogica.
VIDEO: How to use Dermalogica Cleansing Gel
Results of Dermalogica
If you have never used this product, you could be probably wondering by yourself, how does this help me? Yes, it helps your skin a lot, especially if it is sensitive. First, this cleansing gel washes away the impurities on your skin without causing any stripping of the skin cells or drying up the skin.
Secondly, this cleansing gel contains agents that calm the skin system, causing a soothing sensation as it purifies your skin. And as they say at Dermalogica, this gel is healthy, glowing skin, for life.
I am a fan of this product myself. I have used it for some time now, and I must admit it is a great one. Before a friend told me about it, I used to use some cleaner which would leave my skin kind of light and dry. My sensitive skin adapted quite well to it too. I have recommended it to a couple of friends, and the feedback I get is that of never going back to use other gels apart from Dermalogica.
Pros and Cons of Dermalogica Gel
- It has calming agents which help to soothe the skin and purify it in the process
- It does not strip or dry the skin as the impurities are being washed away.
- Can be used by those with sensitive skin.
- Balances the skin
- It improves the skin feel and texture.
- It does not have a greasy feeling.
- It is gentle on the skin.
- The gel has an awesome natural fragrance.
- It is soap free yet lathers well.
- Contains natural products.
- The cleansing gel does not remove makeup in some instances.
- It is quite costly
- There are reported instances of the product not having the desired effects.
- It sometimes irritates the most sensitive of skins
- It dries the skin occasionally.
A word of caution though. There are counterfeit products out there claiming to be Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel. These have been in almost the same way as the genuine one. You have to be extra careful not to buy the fake products. Most of those who cry foul are those who have been conned into buying the defective counterfeits.
Dermalogica Cleansing Gel Reviews
As a potential new user or buyer of any product, you need a different view of the product. Manufacturers would essentially want you to buy their product. But customers and other users with no vested interests in the product will give you a different perspective on it.
Where to buy Dermalogica Cleansing Gel
A trusted buying source is the first step in getting the best out of your cleansing gel. When the acquisition step is flawed, then the likelihood of buying a defective or counterfeit product becomes very high.
You should, therefore, choose a trusted place to buy this product. It should be available in your nearest stores. The best and most trustworthy place to purchase this is on Amazon.
Alternatives to the Dermalogica Special Cleansing
There are instances where you might not be able to have access to your favorite cleansing gel. However, this should not hinder you from being pretty and glowing as usual. There are lots of other products out there that you can use instead. This is until you gain access to your usual product.
You can check these products out if you are interested. They are in no particular order or preference.
1. Oqibo Purifying Cleanser and Toner
This is a dual-purpose product that cleanses and tones your skin in one application. It is ultra gentle and effectively cleans the skin without disturbing its delicate balance. It combines a wide variety of ingredients to give a healthy, fresh and radiant skin complexion throughout the day.
The Oqibo Purifying Cleaner differs in a number of ways from the Dermalogica Cleansing Gel.
- It has a dual acting formula that does the cleaning and toning of your skin.
- It contains algae and marine extracts to reduce dehydration and remineralize the skin structure.
- The gel can be used as an everyday skin remineralizer.
2. Talia Skin Care Mineral Clarifying Cleansing Gel
This is another great skin care product that you can get your hands on in place of the Dermalogica cleansing gel. This product can be used for both the face and whole body application. It is enriched with the purest form of Vitamin C that you can find on the market.
On top of these, this product is 100% cruelty-free. It is even classified as a vegan product.
Questions you need to ask yourself before buying this product
|Does this product cause any allergic reactions?||There are very rare cases of reported allergic reactions when using this product. Most of the cases are positive though.|
|Can I use it in combination with other skin care products?||YES. This product is perfectly compatible with other skin care products.|
|How long can a bottle last me?||This product lasts like forever. You only need a pea sized amount for every cleaning routine.|
|Does it remove makeup too?||Not always. This product works differently for particular people.|
|Any side effects I should worry about?||None whatsoever.|
|How do I distinguish a fake from a genuine one?||Always look for the hologram beneath the bottle. It is an indicator of the of authenticity. The security seals should also be there in the first place.|
Final opinion about the product
The Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel has tons of great reviews on the various online retail sites. This goes a long way in demonstrating the dependability and ingenuity of the product. Buyers and consumers only appreciate a good product or that one that makes them want to purchase another and another.
The love for this product will start when one gets a free sample to have a feel of the gel. It will blow you away by its impeccable cleaning ability, leaving your face feeling all fresh and smooth. It is also very gentle on most sensitive skins and wil eliminates your acne problem if you have any.
This product is suitable for those with concerns about large pores on the skin. It is also compatible with a number of skin types such as oily skin, acne prone skins, combination skins, sensitive skin, dry skin, the normal skin and a mature skin type. If you fall under any of these categories, then do not be afraid to use this product.
There are fake products out there masquerading as the genuine products. This calls for extra vigilance on your part. Ensure the bottle is properly sealed and has a hologram underneath it. To those out there with an intent on tarnishing Dermalogica’s good name, it is quite unfortunate for you.
I hope this review roundup has been of great help to you.
Have you already tried Dermalogica Cleansing Gel? Share your experience in the comments section below